Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Revival

I was at the hills, on my horse.
The night was with no moonlight at all.
A droplet of water fell on my nose,
And then the bigger drops began to fall.

There wasn't much clouds to be seen,
But heavens opened and rain poured in.
The trees were bend by the head strong winds,
The struggle seemed so much like the one in my mind.

And then suddenly ...Cold streams of ecstasy began to flow through my heart.

I could hear the water falling on the leaves,
I could hear frogs calling for their mates,
It began to echo in my ears,
But didn't take away all my fears.

A sudden streak of lightning blinded me,
The street lamps were still on, with their yellow flare.
Whole earth seemed to shake as the thunder was heard.
The frogs became silent for reasons unknown.

Then I don't know what happened,
I fainted, I suppose.

When I woke up I could hear,
The sweet sound of birds singing near.
The street lamps were still on,
The land looked so pretty, It was dawn.

There was a mist to be seen every where.
Columns of sunlight poured down through the air.
I could see green planes with trees here and there.

The yesterday's rain was still on the leaves,
The flowers were dripping with joy and dreams.
There were roses and lilies all over the place,
Swaying and dancing in the gales,
Along with many beautiful butterflies.
I wish I could enjoy their happy lives.

The sun had just begun to rise far and lone,
The land was waking in its rays,
The fear and Violence of Yesterday was gone.
Now Calmness and Beauty Prevails.

Deepak J.Nath
~1997

No comments: